What is Daskara for?
Who will benefit from the information?
Why should I contribute?
Do we have to pay anything?
How does Daskara help?
- Highlighting the nature and heritage of the village
- Connecting the village with the rest of Lebanon and the world.
- Promoting local businesses by showing them on the map and providing information about the people that run them and the services they offer
- Helping young generations to learn about their village and Lebanon
- Transforming natural and heritage landmarks that are unknown and improperly utilized to assets that have a known value and are conserved
- It is a way for villages to post project opportunities for nature and heritage conservation and a way for people interested in providing funds to support such projects
- Serving as a travelers to plan, visit, and share their trips
- Consolidating information from different fields
Is it safe to share geographic information?
What Can I Do to Keep Myself Safe from Coronavirus During my Travels?
- Wash your hands frequently with soap for at least 20 to 30 seconds. If you don’t have access to soap and water, then rub a hand sanitizer gel with at least 60% alcohol content on your hands and wrists.
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
- Keep your distance and make sure to stay at least 1 meter away from people.
- Clean frequently touched objects with a cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid crowds – especially in closed spaces.
- Learn about the spread of the coronavirus outbreak in the area you are visiting.
- Wear a mask and seek medical help if you develop symptoms.